Monday, July 26, 2010

July: New OPAC

I have to admit that change is not always easy for me. In the training meeting it seemed like the new OPAC was going to be great. But using it is a little frustrating for me. I think that's mostly just because it's different from what I've become accustomed to. It does bother me that when searching for cds, the artist's name doesn't always come up in the general search. Once you are looking at the specific record you can see the artist's name, though. Nancy T. assured me that this is not a Marmot error but an omission on the part of whoever created the record. Shame! I kid. Other than that, I am sure I will soon feel like I can't live without the new OPAC!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of grammar rules I see that Learn-Test didn't remind you about dangling participles. You should really be careful with those, especially in the children's center. Your fourth sentence should actually read, "that to which I've become accustomed."

    I do hope that you come to enjoy the new OPAC, but I hear that they are currently working on an updated version which will be known as "The 2PAC".

    Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete